“Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm.”
-Lord Edward Buler-Lytton
One of worst things physically to catch is a cold or the flu as it may put you out of commission for some time. These type of sicknesses are contagious but are temporary and once we develop an antibody to them we can overcome them. Now when we talk about feelings or emotions we try to avoid being negative as this can not only affect you but those around you and like a cold can be just as contagious which is not good. There are however feelings or emotions that we wouldn’t mind catching so to speak like happiness or enthusiasm as Lord Edward Buler-Lytton points out in today’s quote.
Marlesa Fabrega wrote an article on daringtolivefully.com about 14 Ways to Harness the Power of Enthusiasm that will help us to manage the feeling of enthusiasm as it is a state of mind that inspires and arouses one to put action into the task at hand:
1. Follow your bliss.
2. Think of the things that you want to attain.
3. Have a plan.
4. Get out of victim-mode.
5. Surround yourself with people who are enthusiastic and optimistic.
6. Stimulate yourself into a state of high enthusiasm.
7. Ask questions.
8. Develop the right attitude.
9. Give all of your attention to what you’re doing.
10. Get your energy level up.
11. Lower your levels of “bad” stress.
12. Use your physiology.
13. Apply your strengths.
When we use these actionable steps we are setting the stage for future successes down the road of our lives.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards managing yourself better?