“People cannot change their habits without first changing their way of thinking.”
Japanese consultant Marie Kondo’s quote is one that to me is straight and to the point. Unless we are willing to change our thinking, our habits won’t change either. Alina Chargualaf of Lifehack.org wrote a blog recently that focused on 7 Practical Ways to Change Your Thinking and Change Your Life. As you may or may not know it all goes back to our mindset to enact that change. The 7 ways to change our thinking are:
1. Show up-in doing so shows commitment
2. Find an Anchor-something to believe in
3. Ask Why-as it pertains to ourselves
4. Step out of Your Comfort Zone
5. Look at Things from a Different View
6. Slow Down
7. Eliminate the Excuses and Create Solutions
When we make a commitment to changing our thinking we can fully and whole heartedly make a commitment to changing our habits. We to give a little to gain a little. Once we take the time to recognize this we and others will be better for it.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards improving your self awareness?