Becoming The Change: The Percentage Of Life That Matters

“Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react.”

-Unknown

There are many quotes that we come across our lives. Some impact us more than others. And today’s quote definitely has had an impact on me. Life is often associated with numbers. Numbers in far as years we lived, numbers of the years we may have left or even in numbers terms of money. For me, its this 10% vs 90% that has caught my eye. 10% of life is what happens to us and it is the other 90% is how we react to it.

Which do we have more control over? The reaction part right? Look at where the higher percentage lies: with what we control. I don’t know a more lopsided advantage than this and one that is in our favor. Now the challenge lies in whether we take advantage of this or not. We decide whether we become angry or sad or rather embrace what has happened (the good or the bad). Our reaction affects more than just us as it also affects those around us that we love and care about. We need to be mindful of this. Our reactions can either create a positive or negative domino effect. Make sure it is a positive one.

What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards managing yourself better?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s