Welcome to the Becoming The Change Podcast. Each daily reading focuses on a different quote on how we can best apply it to our own moral compass and one of the five areas in Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making. Thank you for listening and we hope you consider subscribing to the podcast for future episodes.
The Foundation That Trust Is Built Upon
“Building trust requires nothing more than telling the truth.”
One of the most important things we can do when attempting to build trust with one another is to tell the truth. Author and speaker Simon Sinek expresses this in today’s quote. It sounds simple enough but when push comes to shove and the truth you must tell could potentially cause damage to a relationship or worse it can become a rather difficult decision to make. But telling the truth is also a chance to set our souls free. In others to be our truly authentic self. Trust breeds dependability which developing a strong bond between you and someone else. In a recent blog by betterup.com they wrote about the ten most effective ways that we could build trust:
1. Value long-term relationships-think about how they may affect how others perceive you in the future
2. Be honest-always tell the truth
3. Honor your commitments-stick to agreements you’ve made
4. Admit when you’re wrong-be upfront about it
5. Communicate effectively-listening and speaking go hand in hand
6. Be vulnerable-be open about your emotions and show some feelings
7. Be helpful-go out of your way to help people if you can
8. Show people that you care-show a genuine interest in others
9. Stand up for what’s right-don’t sacrifice your values and what you believe in
10. Be transparent-explain what you’re doing and why you’re doing it
Building trust takes time and dedication. It really is an art, an art we can all do if we decide to commit to it. Trust not only builds and strengthens relationships but it also builds character. Its a win-win.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards developing your responsible decision making skills?
To subscribe to the podcast please go to Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Music from https://filmmusic.io
“Relaxing Piano Music” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
A special thank you to Feedspot for recognizing the Becoming The Change podcast as one of the Top 10 Social Emotional Learning Podcasts on the internet. It is an honor to be amongst the other podcasts on this list as we all strive to make this world a better place.