Welcome to The Becoming The Change Podcast. Each daily reading focuses on a different quote on how we can best apply it to our own moral compass and one of the five areas in Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making. Thank you for listening and we hope you consider subscribing to the podcast for future episodes.
Creativity Is Limitless
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
Creativity. Whether we realize it our not we all possess it. It is the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work. Today’s quote by American poet Maya Angelou most certainly had it and so do you. But if you are struggling how to bring out that creative side of you Kendra Cherry of Very Well Mind wrote a blog in March 2020 about 17 Ways to Develop Your Creativity. My hope is after reading these it will not only help you realize how much control you have over your own creativity but also it all comes down to a choice made by you to take the necessary steps to do just so:
- Commit Yourself to Creativity
- Become an Expert
- Reward Your Curiosity
- Take Risks
- Build Your Confidence
- Make Time for Creativity
- Overcome a Negative Attitude
- Fight Fear of Failure
- Brainstorm New Ideas
- Explore Multiple Solutions
- Keep a Creativity Journal
- Use Mind Maps and Flow Charts-A mind map is a great way to connect ideas and look for innovative answers to questions. Create a mind map by writing down a central topic or word. Next, link related terms or ideas around the central word. While similar to brainstorming, this technique allows for branching ideas and offers a very visual way of seeing how these ideas are linked
- Challenge Yourself and Create Opportunities
- Try the Six Hats Technique-involves looking at a problem from six differing perspectives; Black Hat: Use a negative perspective. Which elements of the solution won’t work?Blue Hat: Think broadly. What is the best overall solution? Green Hat: Think creatively. What are some alternative ideas? Red Hat: Look at the situation emotionally. What do your feelings tell you? White Hat: Look at the situation objectively. What are the facts?Yellow Hat: Use a positive perspective. Which elements of the solution will work?
- Look for Inspiration
- Consider Alternative Scenarios
- Try the Snowball Technique
So there you have it. Take these 17 ways and let your creativity become limitless.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards managing yourself better and developing your responsible decision making skills?
To subscribe to the podcast please go to Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Music from https://filmmusic.io
A special thank you to Feedspot for recognizing the Becoming The Change podcast as one of the Top 10 Social Emotional Learning Podcasts on the internet. It is an honor to be amongst the other podcasts on this list as we all strive to make this world a better place.