Welcome to the Our Moral Compass Podcast. Each daily reading focuses on a different quote on how we can best apply it to our own moral compass and one of the five areas in Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making. Thank you for listening and we hope you consider subscribing to the podcast for future episodes.
Success As The Great Communicator
“Success is the most convincing talker in the world.”
How do you define success? Is it power and riches or is it personal growth? If you were to ask French statesman and military leader Napoleon Bonaparte, who even went so far as to deem himself Emperor of the French in the early 1800’s, would definitely say power. His military conquests was that convincing talker in the world. The thing is that was how he defined to success and it was due to his own arrogance that his once found success eventually led to his downfall. So at the end of the day what did he have to show for it? Nothing since he eventually lost it all.
In order for success to truly be that great communicator it really is based on your own personal growth as individual. As the saying goes you reap what you sew. Lloyd Bachrach says there are 5 keys to success:
- Build high self-esteem Believe in yourself, have confidence, like and feel good about yourself, take pride in what you do.
- Focus with a positive attitude Always expect the best possible outcome for what you do. Your thoughts are like magnets; you attract what you think.
- Set powerful goals Give your brain a place to aim. Set goals so that you can reach them. When you do, reach a little higher.
- Persevere Never quit. Never give up. Keep going and keep trying.
- Maintain a healthy mind, body, and spirit Take care of yourself through a healthy diet and exercise.
The areas mentioned above along with what you value helps to shape your moral compass. And these 5 keys are really just a starting point to get you going in the right direction in life. Remember that it takes time a lot of effort on all of our parts to get from point A to point B. And some people take longer than others to discover who they truly are because of it. Success is based on however you define it to be so make sure you begin with that end in mind.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards defining/refining your own moral compass?
To subscribe to the podcast please go to Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Music from https://filmmusic.io
A special thank you to Feedspot for recognizing the Our Moral Compass podcast as one of the Top 10 Social Emotional Learning Podcasts on the internet. It is an honor to be amongst the other podcasts on this list as we all strive to make this world a better place.