Welcome to the Our Moral Compass Podcast. Each daily reading focuses on a different quote on how we can best apply it to our own moral compass and one of the five areas in Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making. Thank you for listening and we hope you consider subscribing to the podcast for future episodes.
Make Sure To Give Ground To Others To Rise Above
“Men who undertake considerable things, even in a regular way, ought to give us ground to resume ability.”
There are often times when we or others commit ourselves and begin to answer our calling; a calling that is right and just in order to make our lives or the lives of others better. Irish statesman and philosopher Edmund Burke’s quote encourages this by giving us and others ground (aka time) in assuring that it is through our innate ability and determination that we can in fact answer that calling. Like anything else in life, this can only happen when we choose to do just that.
1. Ignore the future, deal with the present.
3. Say yes to odd opportunities.
6. Do not follow someone else’s dream.
7. Blend your talents.
8. Seek out people you actually like.
9. Give yourself permission to change your mind.
10. Ask the elderly for advice.
11. Roam a library.
12. Seek support, not tolerance.
13. Spend time before you spend money.
14. Don’t confuse a job with a purpose.
15. Consider your epitaph, not your resume.
16. There’s no need to be THE best.
17. Don’t keep score.
18. Change course if you find yourself coasting.
19. Be authentically uncool.
All 20 ways are also 20 choices and decisions you can make starting now to find your calling or readjust your sails for what may need to happen in order to reignite your why behind your calling.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards developing your responsible decision making skills?
To subscribe to the podcast please go to Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Music from https://filmmusic.io
A special thank you to Feedspot for recognizing the Our Moral Compass podcast as one of the Top 10 Social Emotional Learning Podcasts on the internet. It is an honor to be amongst the other podcasts on this list as we all strive to make this world a better place.