“Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakes.”
When we all have a vision of how we would like our lives to be we show our ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom. As Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung points out in today’s quote our vision comes from within ourselves; from within our own heart. Essentially if look towards outside factors to make that vision a reality it will stay as a dream. However if we look within us, that potential, that vision is right there for the taking. So in order for us to visualize something we want to happen and actually make it happen bustle.com listed tips on how to do just that:
1. Visualize What Life Will Be Like Once You Achieve Your Goals
2. Visualize The Steps You’ll Take To Get There
3. Picture It All In Vivid Detail
4. Create A Vision Board By Collecting Images and Quotes That Represent How You’d Like Your Future Self To Be
5. Write Down All Your Goals
6. Set Mini Goals Along The Way
7. Let Yourself Zone Out And Daydream
8. Put In The Work
9. Skip The To-Do List
10. Live Your Life “As If”
11. Say It Out Loud
In order to make your vision a reality we must look from within and utilize any of these ways to make those dreams of ours come true. Life is a journey. A journey that is well worth the trip if we put forth the time and dedication towards it.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards defining/refining your own moral compass?