Welcome to the Becoming The Change Podcast. Each daily reading focuses on a different quote on how we can best apply it to our own moral compass and one of the five areas in Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making. Thank you for listening and we hope you consider subscribing to the podcast for future episodes.
The Wonder Of Failure
“The failure is wonderful indeed!”
When you think of things that you have failed at did you let it affect you in a positive or in a negative way? I’m sure it depends on what the failure actually was as some are easier to take than others. For example when I failed at learning how to play roller hockey I was not that upset because I knew deep down inside it just wasn’t the sport for me and my skillset in skating proved it. However I am currently up to about over 30-40 rejection emails saying thanks but no thanks in taking a chance on me and my book that I wrote nearly a year ago. In this case I have experience periods of being down but never out. I won’t ever quit because I believe in what I wrote and its message. It will one day get published which will help those who need to read it most. In today’s quote Poet Wu-Men’s message is short but one that shows a growth mindset in that failure is something wonderful and should be celebrated.
We decide how we will react to our failures and eventually accepting them. Plain and simple. I recently read a blog by Shelby Phillips on Lifehack about Why You Should Celebrate Your Failures:
- Recognize that resilience and perseverance are qualities you’d like to develop further.
- Eliminate your negative behaviors and replace them with a more resilient outlook.
- Decide how you’d like to react instead.
- Decide on a set of inspiring quotes or mantras that you can employ if you’re unable to stop the negative behavior. For me I have “Be the change” and “Memento Mori” which means remember you must die. In other words we all will die one day, so don’t dwell on the past; look ahead to the here and now.
- Don’t forget to give yourself some props when you make progress.
- Challenges make us work harder, learn more, become stronger, and stretch our capacities.
These serve as some great reminders when you face certain failures that may come your way. Take the time to utilize these and celebrate the wonder of failure.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards developing your responsible decision making skills?
To subscribe to the podcast please go to Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Music from https://filmmusic.io
A special thank you to Feedspot for recognizing the Becoming The Change podcast as one of the Top 10 Social Emotional Learning Podcasts on the internet. It is an honor to be amongst the other podcasts on this list as we all strive to make this world a better place.