Welcome to the Becoming The Change Podcast. Each daily reading focuses on a different quote on how we can best apply it to our own moral compass and one of the five areas in Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making. Thank you for listening and we hope you consider subscribing to the podcast for future episodes.
Who Deserves Your Love and Affection The Most
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
Often times it is some much easier for us to give love and affection towards others like our friends or families but why is it such a struggle to practice that towards ourselves? Does we feel that we do not deserve it? Whatever the reason we need to flip that script. Author and teacher of meditation Sharon Salzberg mentions that we deserve our love affection more than anybody else. It is the most important longest relationship you will ever have so it is necessary to take the time to nurture it. The question that often floods our minds is how. On livewellwithsharonmartin.com Sharon Martin wrote about 22 simple ideas on how to love yourself:
1. Know yourself.
2. Say “no” when you need to.
3. Don’t compare yourself to others.
4. Be truly present.
5. Know and use your strengths.
6. Give yourself a treat.
7. Be honest with yourself.
8. Let yourself off the hook for your mistakes and imperfections.
9. Work on forgiving yourself for the bigger stuff.
10. Accept that some people won’t like you.
11. Make fun a priority.
12. Practice gratitude.
13. Write down your successes.
14. Feel your feelings.
15. Take good care of your body.
16. Pursue a hobby.
17. Stand up for yourself.
18. Write yourself a love letter.
19. Ask for help when you need it.
20. Speak kindly to yourself.
21. Surround yourself with people who treat you with kindness and respect.
22. Allow yourself some downtime.
In order to continue to affectively love and show your affection towards others we must take the time to do this with ourselves now for a better tomorrow.
What does this quote mean to you and how can you apply today’s message towards improving your self awareness?
To subscribe to the podcast please go to Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Music from https://filmmusic.io
A special thank you to Feedspot for recognizing the Becoming The Change podcast as one of the Top 10 Social Emotional Learning Podcasts on the internet. It is an honor to be amongst the other podcasts on this list as we all strive to make this world a better place.